I often get asked what benefits our Eco Firelighters have over Zip Firelighters or even rolled up Newspapers. Well we have done a little research with our customers and all are strongly in favour of our Eco firelighters.
I have also spoken to a number of stove companies for advice on how to get the stove lit.
- Recycled newspaper doesn’t tend to burn well.
- Can burn too hot and fast, and might cause some damage to your flue if using excessive amounts.
- Produces a lot of ash.
- Newspaper gives off quite a bit of smoke.
- There are question marks over the effects of newspaper ink on stoves.
- Eco Firelighters are so quick and easy to use – 30 seconds and your fire is lit
- Completely natural
- You just need the one to get the fire going
- Don’t contain any chemicals
- Make form renewable material
- Zip Firelighters are made from Kerosene and other nasty petrochemicals
- Can produce more smoke and contaminants
- Non renewable
I used to burn the standard firelighters without thinking to start the stove. They were quick and reliable and I just accepted the smell. However, since I’ve switched to EcoFirelighters I’m very impressed. They light our wood burner quickly and they last for about 10 minutes. They have not failed to deliver. You may say that I am completely biased, but I can assure you that I am not the only one who thinks that Ecofirelighters are the best natural alternatives to start your stove.
Here’s what our customers have to say about our Eco Firelighters
“When I used the Eco firelighters I expected them to burn very quickly. However they burn for 10 mins and always last until the logs are burning. Definitely will not go back to the old firelighters! “L.Weir.
“Received your Firelighters and found them so good I have been give them as presents to my friends to enjoy”. M. Ferguson
” Will only use Eco firelighters from now on. They are amazing”. S. McSweeney